[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observing attempt May 22/23

Hi!

  After a cold front passed, it cleared in the evening so I went
out again to catch some meteors. I started at 22:24 local with
nice clear sky, Lm quite good at +6.2. My luck didn't hold as
clouds rolled in and at 22:42 I had to quit. The 18 minutes I
did get were very productive! 5 meteors!! Among these was one
of the best meteors this year so far - a +0.5 mag slooow sporadic
with a train. What made it so unique was the color - pure blue,
not bluegreen, it was BLUE! I hardly ever see such meteors...
...but this one was pure blue, not a trace of any other color!

At the time of this writing, 00:20 the clouds are still here and
the moon rises at 00:40, so there is no point in waiting much
longer I guess. The forecast is good though, clear weather for
the next three days...

Clear skies!

Jure A.