[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd Re: Fireball? 27 May 200

------- Forwarded Message

From: joshua@mountmadonna.org (Joshua)
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: Re: Fireball? 27 May 200
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 13:53:58 -0700 (PDT)

Greetings,

Last Saturday night ( I thought it was closer to 10:00 rather
than 10:45, but I could be wrong), I did see flashes in the sky
from the South. I am in central California, so it does match up
with the report below from Colorado.

My first impression was that it was lightning, but there were no
clouds other than a fog blanket, so that didn't figure. Someone
did say that the racetrack in Pajaro Valley below us had a
fireworks display, and that's what it COULD have been. I
dismissed it as that until reading this article. I have to
mention that the "thunder" that followed sounded like real
thunder, and not like firework noise. Perhaps like the
concussion bomb fireworks which emit a bright flash followed by a loud
boom, but this was less resolved, more "rolling".

I hope this helps a little. I'm interested in this, so if I can
offer any more details, just let me know.

I'm subscribed to the meteorobs list as STAFF@METEORS.COM,
so no need to reply; I'll just read the follow-ups.

Om clear skies,
- -joshua

------- End of Forwarded Message