[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 1X "binoculars"? Thanks Mike,and another/question

Mike,
Thanks for the great optical info.   I had a feeling that there was an
optical reality that prevented my idea from being a viable one.
As to image intensifiers, has anyone tried these for meteor observation.
Do they work with a wide angle view of the sky satisfactorily ?  If so,
any recommendations for a supplier/brand/model?
Also, assuming they work for observing meteors, can they be used to
submit useful data to meteorobs/NAMS/IMO ?    (This last question is
essential as to whether I would seriously consider using an intensifier.)

Thanks for any help out there,
Dustin Brown