[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Observations June 3/4

At 11:18 AM 6/4/00 -1000, Mike Linnolt wrote:
>No sign of the Compton re-entry, eithr, but I heard it
>occured thousands of miles away from here, not in the nearby
>corridor.
>
>Mike.

Yep, it fell in the primary corridor as planned.  MSSS on Haleakala was
able to very briefly spot either the reentry itself or an exhaust plume
from the deorbit burn, very low on the horizon.  There was a USAF RC-135
Cobra Ball aircraft on hand to witness and verify the finale.  I'm sure
they got quite a show.

Jim B.