[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) 1X "binoculars" ? idea/question

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 15:23:42 -0700
From: "staff@dot-comet.com" <staff@dot-comet.com>
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) 1X "binoculars" ? idea/question

Hey Dustin,

I'm no physicist, and certainly not an expert on optics, but I have used a
certain tool to observe meteors which somewhat meets your criteria.

The tool is night-vision. This can be in the form of a CCD (charge-coupled
device) camera hooked up to a monitor, or so-called night-vision goggles
such as the type the military uses. The latter would offer a wide-field,
while greatly amplifying the light of stars and meteors.

But, you probably already knew this. Just thought I'd let you know!

Looking forward to tonight's Chandra Burn,
joshua

--
staff@dot-comet.com

------- End of Forwarded Message