[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor spectrum components

--- Lew Gramer <dedalus@latrade.com> wrote:

>>I think that some little time ago something similar
>>to this was well debated and cleared up on a
>>meteorite list.  Could anyone who is aware of this
>>summarize the conclusions [I'm sure I've seen a
>>posting by one person who is on both lists]?
>
>It'd certainly be of interest if you can find it, for

>you to summarize that discussion for us, John.

While we wait for that discussion summary from John,
allow me (one of those people who are on both Lists)
to comment on those exchanges that occurred on the
Meteorite List.  In short, the majority of people on
that List hold to the views AND the terminology as
expressed by Lew, here, on this subject.  It is my
opinion that a summary of the exchanges that occurred
on that List would show that much of the discussion
was in regards to a minority attempting to justify
their opinions and terminology.

More of a prediction and less of an opinion, but this
same summary may show that this so-called "resolution
of the issue" may be more a matter of "all sides on
the issue declared victory".