[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) re 73P/SW3 meteors: 1930

Dear Rainer Arlt and others.

As far as I know, in the Soviet Union never observed flashouts of meteoric activity bound with a comet 73P/SW3. But I only amateur of astronomy.

P.B.Babadzhanov In operation " THE ORBITAL EVOLUTION OF 17 SHORT -PERIOD COMETS AND POSSIBLE OBSERVATIONS OF METEOR SWOWERS, ASSOCIATED WITH THEM " (// Astronomical herald. 1992. №5. P. 35-42.) writes: ' Meteoric shower, bound with this comet, is not known yet. '

I, personally, part your doubts about observations 1930, but I want to tell some words in protection of the Japanese spectator.

1. If the maxima last not long, it could not see on another longitude (there was a day). In June, in northern hemisphere, the day predominates.

2. At complete moon for the unexperienced spectator the meteors seem more feeblly, than usually.

3. If there was a meteoric strong gale, to see in such conditions 60-70 meteors quite substantially.

4. Remaining it is possible to explain to that the spectator had not enough experience in observations of meteors.

Sergey Shanov

RUSSIA