	From:	Paul O. Johnson [SMTP:pojhome@swbelldot net]
	Sent:	Thursday, June 08, 2000 9:59 PM
	To:	meteorobs@jovian.com
	Subject:	Re: (meteorobs) re 73P/SW3 meteors: 1930

	----- Original Message -----
	From: "JG" <jgts@jgws.totalserve.codot uk>
	To: <meteorobs@jovian.com>
	Sent: Thursday, June 08, 2000 1:46 PM
	Subject: (meteorobs) re 73P/SW3 meteors: 1930

	> Stare at a clear blue sky.  Concentrate on a small area.  Can you
just
	detect the
	> "wee wiggly wormies" at the edge of perception?  Basically you
have an
	> impression of little movements that are just discernible, and
slightly
	brighter
	> than the backgound. You're seeing the electric nerve impulses
moving in
	your
	> retina.

	That's fascinating, John. I've never heard of seeing nerve impulses.
How do
	these "wormies" differ from the "floaters" that we all see under
similar
	circumstances -- small bits of more-or-less solid matter floating
around in
	the transparent vitreous humor that fills our eyeballs?

	Paul O. Johnson