[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) RED LIGHT

Hi all!

I've just read your discussion about red light and I wanted to say that I'm
personnally using a red lamp especially made for meteor astronomy.
It's like a common lamp but you can slide two different filters, a red one
or/and a green one. Furthermore there's a protection on the light that can be
put on and it just let a ray of light. To see just a watch it's very useful .
The model I have is the first one and sometimes the filters are sliding alone.
Quite frustrating sometimes but now, there's a new model and there's are
securities to avoid this problem.
You can order it at the " Maison de l'Astronomie " in Paris.The entire adrss of
this shop is : La Maison de l'astronomie - 33-35, Rue de Rivoli - 75004 PARIS.
It costs around 120FF , that is to say around 16 dollars.

For more informations you can write me personnally or via meteorobs.

Well, I must let you: an extraordinary event has just happen. The clouds have
left in this awful region for meteor observing : Normandy ;-)

Karl.

P.S: I've also just receive a warning about a possible aurora  at middle
latitude from 14 to 16 september. For those who are interested by these
phenomenaes...