[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Mir 9/25/00

Hi folks:
     This is one of those last minute thing again... I look at the wall
clock - it was 08:10pm and suddenly I remebered MIR suppose to be
visible outside my window around 8:00pm tonite. Luckily the wall clock
is 'too fast' and I caught the BRIGHT 0.2 mag MIR sailing towards
Scorpion.  I called out to my 6 years old daughter to join me to watch
MIR. Together we saw it  made a very slow 'curve' trajectory and
disappear in the low latitude clouds towards the south.  I was tempted
to swing the nearby C8 to follow it but decided otherwise.
     Just to be dead sure, I log onto heavens-above and confirmed our
sightings.
     Wonder whether is it plausible to view and  follow such a slow and
bright satellite by manual slewing the C8?

rgds
ykChia
1.455N, 103.802E, 20m, +8 GMT