[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) IMC 2000 impressions

Jure,

> No less exciting was to talk to the big bosses of the IMO - it was very nice
> to finally get to know them in person and Sirko Molau finally revealed just
> why he does video observations instead of visual.

don't give too many details here, or I'll break my promise and tell the
whole meteorobs audience how the two Jures *really* observe... :-))))))))

Honestly, I fully share the feelings of Jure. It was another very
successful IMC with many participants from all kind of countries. The
program saw many highlights and it was usually well after 2 a.m.
that I went to bed after long chats with old and new friends.

BTW, the next IMC will take place in northern Slovenia, which is again
relatively easy reached for most European observers. As for 2002, we have
already some idea, but further proposals are welcome by the IMO council,
of course.

Best wishes,
Sirko (still a little tired)

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *