[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Fireball Observed! (was, "...Who saw the green light?")

>> It was primarily moving
left to right, though descending as it did so. I observed it
for 3-4 seconds as it covered about 30 degrees of arc -- it is
possible that the luminous phase began prior to my acquisition
(if you traced the trajectory backwards, I did not have a line-
of-sight to earlier portions of the flight path).
This was a very slow meteor --<<

From another post>>he 405 through Seal Beach between 8:09 and 8:10pm.
It was moving roughly east to west, though without the
third dimension I could not tell if it was moving NE
to SW, E to W, or ESE to WNW.<<

I have a gut feeling that this was a Piscid. If so, most likely no meteorite
hit the ground or water.
GeoZay