[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Lack of messages

        Yes things have been a bit slow on the list lately.  I was actually able to observe about three weeks ago but I must admit I still have not written up the report.   This weekend I'll be in Atlanta so it looks like another lost opportunity for observing.  Hopefully I will find time to write up the report and get it posted before too long, however, it was a rather uneventful session, so I hope no one holds his or her breath waiting on it!
     It was exciting to read Sergey's report of his team's Leonid observation from the city of Ulianovsk.  Unless I'm mistaken, it was the only report I've read from Russia related to last year's storm.  I also thoroughly enjoyed Jure's firsthand account of the
Romanian IMC.  No Americans, eh...well maybe one year the IMC can be held in the U.S.
     Yes, there has been a paucity of reports lately, and I feel somewhat guilty about it...but what's a guy to do??

Kim Youmans
Excel Didacta wrote:

Hi!     I agree that there has been a lack of messages on meteorobs duringthe last several weeks. There have been very few reports - I've either beenclouded out, busy or sick during the last moonless period. The sky isclear tonight and would be good for observations, but I've caught a coldand I don't think I want to risk it developing into something more serious.   I would expect more messages starting in mid-October as the Orionidsnear their peak and the message HR should remain high right until theQuadrantids in early January.   I'm also expecting some discussion on this year's Leonids, but so farnobody has brought up the subject. I expect there are many silentmeteorobs members out there who have not yet posted any messagesand hold the potential to make this list more lively again. Btw, don't beafraid of beginner questions and there is no such thing as a stupid question!! Clear skies! Jure A.