[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) LM

Thank you very much Jure for your very helpful information.  Though I
knew quite a bit of it, I think it was well worth posting.
     I do wear glasses which are special for looking at the sky and they
are coated though I do not find the coating makes any difference. I live
in the vicinity of Los Angeles California which must be among the most
light pouted places on earth.  The observing sights I have access to
include low desert, high deserts and mountains.  I live in the foothills
of mountains that generally have LM only slightly better than my
backyard that is LM 2 or 3.  Once in a very great while the six or more
valleys around these mountains will be socked  in by coastal fog with
the mountain tops clear. Robert Lunsford described this condition in San
Diego. Under these conditions I am sure that there are no better seeing
conditions any where on earth. Mount Willon is in these mountains about
20 miles due north of me.  Further I have not caught this condition once
in the last twenty years.
     I am pretty sure that my eyes are a large part of my problem.  The
only comparison I have had is a lady friend who can't see any better
than I do.  However she is 68 years old and I am 79.  So you see I am
operating in the dark in more ways than one  8-|).
     I have made an appointment with my ophthalmologist for this coming
monday to see what he thinks.
        Thanks again Jure.