[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Two questions about Leonids 2000

Karl,

 To ask your second question - from what I've discussed with
David Asher I could gather that there is no guaranteed ZHR
estimate for 2000. According to him the display might be
only as strong as a regular Perseid peak, but we might be in
for storm level activity. The uncertainty arises because there
are no accounts of Leonids in 1800 on which the model could
be tested (I think...).
 The uncertainy about the ZHR has prompted our team to
reconsider our expedition to Spain to observe the Leonids
and we have decided that it would be too much of a gamble
and we'll stay home, possilby looking for good weather within
800 km or so.

 I will leave the first question to Rob McNaught :)

Clear skies!

Jure A.