[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Two questions about Leonids 2000

Thanks Rob for the information about dust trails, I had been considering
asking how wide they were for some time (tens of Earth diameters). For us
who are not astronomers it would be helpful to see a cross section of the
known dust trails of a certain hour and date like 02:10 UT, 17 November,
that would show a  representation of the density of the trail passed through
each year at that exact time. It would be like an MRI of the dust trails that
could lend itself to video graphics, but how wide are the entire numerous
streams of Leonid dust trails with different passes and perputations as
known?

     Kinda glad I asked about meteorobs being dead or not.

                                                     Dave English
                                                     Oceanside, California