[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Observation Report for Oct 01.

Mike,

Glad to hear that you were able to observe.

As for the antihelion source I called them Taurids in my outlook to try
to avoid any confusion and to match the activity dates listed by the
IMO. Actually the most confusion part may be that the radiants actually
lie in Pisces and are now moving into Aries. The radiants will spend
most of October in Aries therefore that is why they were listed as
October Arietids or OAR's in the ALPO list. Perhaps the sensible thing
to do is to just call them antihelion meteors during this month and
Taurids starting November 1 when in fact the actual radiants will lie
within the constellation boundaries of Taurus.

Stay tuned to see what I decide to post on Thursday's updated meteor
activity outlook.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford