[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) (Belated) fireball? (New England US, 00:00 UT 14/15 Sep 2000)

------- Forwarded Message

Date: 17 Sep 2000 16:01:52 -0000
From: nhas@egroups.com
To: nhas@egroups.com
Subject: [nhas] Digest Number 30

There are 2 messages in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Re: Fireball Thursday night
           From: "M McCarthy" <mfm611@hotmail.com>
      2. Re: Fireball Thursday night oops wrong date
           From: "M McCarthy" <mfm611@hotmail.com>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 16:31:39 EDT
   From: "M McCarthy" <mfm611@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Fireball Thursday night

Saw a beauty of a fireball 3:32 am EDT 16 September from rt 93. This one
fell nearly straight down alongside Cygnus in the west. Burned bright green
with vivid yellow sparklers. Second best one I have ever seen. Much brighter
than Deneb.    Jim

>From: "John A. Blackwell" <johnb@regulus.mv.com>
>To: nhas@egroups.com
>Subject: [nhas] Fireball Thursday night
>Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 21:41:30 -0400
>

>I saw a very bright (brighter than Vega) fireball this
>evening at 8:00 EDT precisely from the UNH campus. It
>started at the zenith and ran due east past the horizon!
>During its travel, it burst into several separate pieces
>and in several colors (red and blue being the primaries).
>Anyone else see this one?  Neat stuff: probably a
>bit of space junk or a defunct satellite.
>
>~johnb

>John A. Blackwell
>johnb@regulusastro.com
>http://www.regulusastro.com/
>Home of Regulus! The Astronomy Newsletter

http://profiles.msn.com.

Message: 2
Saw fireball on morning of Sep.9 th..not 16th. That would have required time
travel.