[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) color of night sky

While we're discussing the colour of the night sky...
Here's a poem I put into www.poetry.com <http://www.poetry.com>  in
March/April...
I'm not too impressed with their "web-bing" but I check out the site once in
a while...

"Why is the sky dark?" I've heard others ask,
And I ponder that thought while performing my task.
I search deeper in space and always in view
Are a few more stars, a million or two.
	Maybe it's not black, just dim or dull.
Yes, surely it's because of  Sol.
Perhaps the night sky is indeed very bright
If there were no day to compare to night.
In fact, I'll bet that it would be
As bright as day, for you and me,
If we stepped from a cave and had never seen light,
And gazed at the bright colours and glory of night !
Yes, I'm satisfied now. I've settled that thought.
I'll gaze smiling at the beautiful night sky above.
"Why is the sky dark?", they will blindly ask,
Yet I see only light, of 13 billion years past !

-Bruce Musson
-March 30,2000

Bruce