[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) [Orionids] fair, Oct. 20/21

>Subject: (meteorobs) Leonids fair, Oct. 20/21
                      *******

Now, George, I *know* this was wishful thinking. :)

It seems you may have witnessed the ramp-up to some kind of peak, by
observing in the moonlight Friday night. By Saturday evening at 11,
I have to surmise that this peak was definitely over: I saw only 5
Orionids in just under 2 hours of Teff that night! Again, I was only
out prior to moonrise, with the radiant relatively low. Still, such
a dearth of activity (particularly when compared with the relatively
much "weaker" early Taurids, and even the Epsilon Geminids) must be
an indication of weak activity from the shower overall?

Clear skies,
Lew