[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Orionids fair, Oct. 20/21

I had the pleasure of watching the orionids in the desert outside of Moab
UT.  I was too tired from driving to do the paperwork and my eyes were shot.
I was in a huge canyon and while Orion & Gemini were above the canyon rim
the moon was not.  I quickly saw at least 6 orionids and then activity
tapered off rather quickly, during which time I noticed the LM also dropping
off. My gues is that I began observing before the moon rose over the
horizon, but rose shortly thereafter.  Once the moon poped up over the
canyon rim I went to bed.  But watching a moonrise over desert canyon rim is
not to be missed!

I was all set to do an official obs the next night but I got rained out (no
climbing
her:(
(why does it always rain in the desert?)