[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Possible fireball, 5:45 UT 22/23 Oct 2000, Stockton, CA, USA

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 00:10:59 -0700
From: CaliforniaWest <Mark@CaliforniaWest.com>
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: fireball

This is what I sent IMO last night.  Where do I find out about who else
saw it and what it was?    Thanks....Mark

>Subject: fireball?
>Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:36:21 -0700
>From: CaliforniaWest <Mark@CaliforniaWest.com>
>To: fidac@imodot net

I just submitted a fireball report.  I've never seen anything like it
before.  It was aprox 10:45 Pacific time.  I saw it in the East, I live
in Stockton, CA  It was red, I swear I saw flames and when it went out, I
swear I saw smoke or an explotion of some type.  It was moving at about
a 75 degree angle almost directly East, from the South to the North.  I
only saw it for about 4 seconds, but WOW!!!!!  If the brightest star was
an olive, this was a baseball size!!!!

Let me know if anyone else saw it, PLEASE

Mark Ziemann
Mark@CaliforniaWest.com
Stockton, CA
209-969-7238