[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Orionids weak from Qld Australia.

Brigitte and All,

Many thanks for your view of the Orionids. How strange it would be for
us "Northerners" to see Orion upside down in the northern sky!

I hope that you can continue to monitor meteor activity from "Down
Under". Your different view of the sky is only available to a small
minority of observers. This makes your data that much more valuable.
Although most of the major annual showers are best seen north of the
equator there are many minor ones are are best seen from south of the
equator.

I'll try not forget the "southern view" in my weekly meteor activity
outlooks!

Best wishes and we look forward to more of your contributions to
meteorobs.

Robert Lunsford