To: <imo-news@egroups.com>
From: "Bev M Ewen-Smith" <coaa@mail.telepac.pt>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 17:16:48 -0000
Subject: [IMO-News] BBC in radio meteor experiment

***Urgent News for R_Meteor users***

Dr Jean-Pierre Lebreton of Eurpoean Space Agency / ESTEC has persuaded the
BBC World Service to cooperate in an experiment using the R_Meteor radio
meteor visualisation program. (http://sapp.telepac.pt/coaa/r_meteor.htm)

Users of R_Meteor in or near UK will be pleased to know that the BBC WS has
agreed to radiate a carrier on 17640kHz for the following overnight periods
**starting tonight**.

Oct 26: 20:00 to Oct 27: 04:00 (Thursday to Friday)
Oct 27: 20:00 to Oct 28: 04:00 (Friday to Saturday)
Oct 28: 20:00 to Oct 29: 04:00 (Saturday to Sunday)

This will provide a perfect meteor illuminating signal for R_Meteor if you
are within the skip distance of the UK-based transmitter.

Please report any successes to me so that we can show a positive reaction to
this generous gesture.

Many thanks to Dr Lebreton and ESA for organising this experiment.

Bev
COAA, smtio do Poio, Mexilhoeira Grande 8500-149, Portugal
   Tel 00 351 282 471180        Fax 00 351 282 471516

http://www.e-groups.com/list/imo-news.

------- End of Forwarded Message