[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The Y2K Leonids: what if it's cloudy?

At 09:45 -0400 25.10.2000, Skywayinc@aol.com wrote:
>    I think a lot of people are missing the point concerning my e-mail of
>yesterday.  I was not suggesting that 5 to 7 days in advance you point to a
>specific site and say "That's where we'll observe the Leonids."  I am instead
>suggesting that the US East Coast be divided into three "regions"
>(Northeast/Middle Atlantic/Southeast) and that a week or so in advance you
>can determine which region is most likely to have a good shot of clear
>weather.  Each region could have a radius of perhaps 200 miles or more --
>still a lot of real estate to consider!  Most definitely, you will have to
>make some additional decisions as to where you may finally end up, but at
>least you now will have "knocked-out" the two other regions and can try to
>start concentrating on where you will likely be in the Nov. 16-18 time frame.
> As the forecast accuracy improves inside of a week as you get closer to the
>event, you can make your plans accordingly!
>
>-- joe rao

I got your point.

What I'm thinking now is how to make and accomplish those last day/hour
decisions quickly. I rather find some local contact before flying to, say,
Miami. It would make my last days a lot easier (so far never visited US) to
collect last-minute information, deciding where to go and how, if the
situation gets complicated.

Regards,
-Janne Pyykko, Finland