[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Trail of Leo:the first image

Hi all!

I've just received the number of November of "Ciel et Espace", a monthly
magazine of astronomy, in which there's an article an article about the
dust let by Tempel-Tuttle. Actually, researchers of the universities of
Kobe and Tokyo have just published the photographs they took on November
17, 1997 with a CCd camera on the Mauna Kea. On these photographs ( two
on the magazine, one during the Leonids, one one month later ) we saw a
faint fuzzy mark which don't appear on thze other photographies of the
same region of the sky a month later. It seems to be a unique photo that
would open a new method to observe the dust let by comets beforre they
enter the atmosphere. I try to search the photographs on "Ciel et
Espace"'s web site: http://www.cieletespace.fr but their motor of search
isn't very performant and I can't find it. It's also the only article of
this month in the magazine( there's just another little one to say
they'll might be meteors but that's all). A shame for the magazine, but
has someone heard about these photographies ( it's said that they've
just been published)?

Clear skies!

Karl.