[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observations Oct 28/29: not much...

Hi!

 After a while I decided to check on the meteor activity
in the evening. The sky was very clear, so I expected good LMs
even from my backyard. +6.2 was the best the evening hours could
do, but I was quite content with that. Activity was slow, only 11
meteors. The highlight of the evening was a +1.5m yellowgreen
Taurid grazer that shot 50 degrees in 4 seconds.
 I decided to recharge my batteries after that and continue
in the morning when the activity is higher. I got out at 1:15 LT
(23:15UT) to a very clear sky. LM was 6.4! But soon I spotted
several wisps of cloud which I thought were cirrus, but in a
matter of minutes turned out to be fog. By 1:33 LM had dropped
to +2 and I quit.

The summary:

Period          F   LM  teff  TAU Spor
18:29-19:31UT 1.10 6.16 1.03   2   9