[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) The Y2K Leonids: what if it's cloudy?

I have just joined your list. We are a non profit organization for the promotion
of science in Costa Rica. As part of our programs we have a section in our web
site on Astronomy, we produce a Moon Calendar for our specific location, we
promote the observation of astronomical phenomena and we have a summer Astronomy
program called Astronomía en el Parque, which is held in different communities
to promote sky watching and a general interest in science. Watching the major
meteor showers is one of our activities.
http://www.cientec.or.cr

We have been planning a trip to see the leonids in the northern province of
Guanacaste, which has a drier weather than our central plateau. This would be
our first activity of the 2000-2001 summer program. Usually our summer program
starts in late December, but we are already experiencing a change in the weather
that predicts an earlier and more extensive summer.

We have various astronomers from our public universities and other enthusiasts
that help us out and guide our observations. If any of you would like to join us
for the leonids, let us know.

Alejandra León Castellá
Executive Director
Fundación CIENTEC