[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Iridium satellites

I never thought I would see something in the business section of our local
newspaper that would affect meteor watching.  Seems those 72 orbiting Iridium
satellites may not be falling and burning up in the atmosphere after all next
year.  Boeing would take over from Motorola as the system's operator and I
guess try to bring the company out of bankruptcy.  If they don't do the deal
I suppose the show will happen.  If all goes right for Boeing, Meteorobs and
friends get to keep looking at 72 things zipping by at night that are not
meteors.

Of course the article just talks about money, not meteor watching.  Just
thought you all would like to know.

Wish I had clear skies,
Mrs. Webb
Anaheim, CA USA