[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Video Database Available

In the last few days I have prepared a first version of a homepage for the
meteor detection software MetRec, which is the basis for the AKM video
network. In addition to a description of the software (including a Japanese
documentation), the whole video meteor database is now accessible at the IMO
website. It contains all available observations from 1993 till 1999, and
already a part of the data collected until October 2000. The database is
organized camera-wise, and you can download observations

* for a specific month and year, or
* for a specific month in all years, or
* for a complete year.

If you suspect a minor shower and are interested in observations from a
specific date only, you may check in advance whether suitable video
observations are available in the database.

You are invited to use our data of currently 18.866 meteors in your
investigation of meteor shower activity. The files are ready to be analysed
with Rainer Arlt's RADIANT or similar software. The URL is

http://www.imodot net/video/metrec

Because of limited disk space (the full database is several GB in size).
only the PosDat files are made available through the WWW. Image data
and logfiles will be made available on CD-ROM in the near future.
For questions, please, refer to the given descriptions or contact me.

Sirko Molau

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *