[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Missed Fireballs

Michael and All,

If those meteors were truly that bright your cameras should have had no
trouble whatsoever picking them up. I bet what happened is that your
estimate of the path of each one of these was slightly off (quite common
when comparing plots to actual paths). In these cases the fireballs must
have just passed outside the field of view in each case. Believe me,
this has happened to everyone attempting meteor photography.

As for the faint streak, the magnitude must have been overestimated for
this particular meteor.

Best Wishes this Year!

Bob Lunsford