[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Radio-monitoring of Leonids

Hi Andrei Ol'khovatov,

I have not had time to study your paper on plasma instabilities but have
downloaded it for later study.

I have radio observed five space shuttle re-entries by forward scatter
using two separate radios from New Mexico, USA.  I do remember thinking at
the time that along with the scatter reflections of distant FM radio
stations there also "seemed" to be a possible direct reception of radio
emission itself.

I have not analysed the tapes other than by listening.

I have always thought that space shuttle re-entries could be a useful for
forward scatter array calibration since the event is quantifiable on many
levels.

Tom Ashcraft
Lamy, New Mexico, USA
72632.1427@compuserve.com