[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) =?koi8-r?B?79TXxdQ6IChtZXRlb3JvYnMpIFJhZGlvLW1vbml0b3Jpbmcgb2YgTGVvbmk=?= =?koi8-r?B?ZHM=?=

Dear Tom and All!

The problem is electromagnetic radiation is very interesting and
contraversial, and
some scientists think that so called electrophonic sounds are produced by
super-powerful VLF/ELF radiation from a bolide's wake (I don't share this
opinion, see: www.geocities.com/olkhov/electro1.htm  ).
Anyway, for a couple of years I try to organize somehow radio-monitoring of
Space Shuttle re-entries. I contact space expert James Oberg, some space
NASA officials in Houston and others. One NASA official in Houston informed
me that
there was an amateur astronomer who attempted to measure these phenomena
during the late 80s during a Shuttle reentry.  As the official recalled, the
astronomer set up  what looked like a Hemholtz coil which he hooked into an
oscilloscope and a
tape recorder.  The official didn't think there was any amplification of
the signal
attempted.  The astronomer saw nothing but background noise.
The amateur astronomer's name was Jerry Winkler.  He retired a
few years ago.  The official gave me his e-mail,  but warned that it maybe
outdated.
And indeed, I got no reply...
Regarding Leonids,  as I wrote before, it would be reasonable to look for
probable
radiowaves by usual radio-sets on SW, LW, MW, VHF bands too. Just take a
radio-set with you!

Sincerely,
Andrei Ol'khovatov