[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) 2 Meteors in the 'Jaws' movie

I thought about this many times before I was on this list and was reminded
while watching the movie again last night.
(Wake up your memories...)
In the original Jaws movie, about 2/3 of the way through the movie.
After the shark has the 'floats' attached, everyone is sitting calmly in the
cabin.
Through the window a red meteor streaks left to right (and down), then about
20 seconds later, during an external view of the boat, another red meteor
streaks right to left (opposite direction) at a different angle.
QUESTION:
Were these meteors documented at the time of the making of the movie ?
Or were they put in there, for some reason I don't understand, by the
special effects people?
They look natural.
Anyone remember any comments about the Jaws meteors?
If they're not special effects I'd be curious as to the date/time/location
of the making of these scenes.
Thanks.
Bruce.