[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) PLEASE READ THIS NOW: 'meteorobs' list going to "unfiltered mode"

Over the next few days, as the peak of the Leonid shower nears, timely relay of
meteor data and predictions from around the globe may become critical. Also,
many of us will be travelling, and may find ourselves posting to the list from
unpredictable accounts and locations. I've therefore decided to remove all
"anti-spam" filters on this list for the duration of Leonid peak activity.

THEREFORE, if you see annoying (and possibly offensive!) email appear via our
list over the next week, PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN TO THIS LIST! Complaining will
do you no good, and will quite probably annoy your 550 fellow subscribers.

PLEASE NOTE that during this critical week, repeated off-topic posts (that is,
emails to 'meteorobs' which are not *directly* related to meteor observing, e.g.
complaints about spam, OR personal flames on your fellow subscribers) may result
in a warning, and if egregious enough, immediate removal from our list.

This upcoming week is an exciting time for meteor observers around the world,
even in SPITE of this year's persistent, annoying moonlight. So join us in this
great scientific and natural adventure, and clear skies to all!

Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>