[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Leonids 2000 around the corner....

Hi to All!

Only a short period of time until the arrival of the Leonids.
Members of the Dutch Meteor Society (http://www.dmsweb.org) are almost
fully prepared! Are you too?
In a few hours from now our senior meteorologist Jacob Kuiper of the Dutch
National Weather Service will release his first of a series of weather
analysis.
Jacobs forecasts will serve as a guide to clear skies in the Netherlands or
maybe elsewehere in western Europe.
We expect not to drive large distances as the prospects
(http://home.wanadoodot nl/dms/general/weather.html) for the Provence are no
good at this moment.
That will keep us in Holland, Belgium, northern France or the western part
of Germany.
Because we travel not that far we have more members who are able to join us
and also more transport capacity.
This enables us to setup more equipment. Robert Haas, Jos Nijland, Romke
Schievink and Casper ter Kuile will operate the equipment.
But everything has it's disadvantage: because our range will be smaller our
changes to reside under clear starry skies will be less .
We will keep you informed anytime and anywhere by use of our fully mobile
communication equipment.

Very first express reports will be send live to "wgn@imodot net", "meteorobs"
, "imo-news" and "MBKTeam".

Best wishes and clear skies to all!