[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Request for observations of transverse moving objects in Leonid meteors

Nick,

     On the web site posted by Olkhovatov A. Yu a few days ago is one
paragraph devoted to transverse spreading. If you recall the post I made of
"Blue Meteor Train"  last year, this is the person who observed Leonid
meteor trains starting at 160 km or so, S. Astapovich, also writes in a
book cited on the website of his observations at this time of transverse
spreading. The book was published in 1958 and the observations made in
1947, if I recall correctly from my former post. This web site makes good
reading, is long, but very informative. The paragraph you want to read is
the VERY LAST paragraph, scroll to the bottom  first then go back and read
the other 5000 or so words, all worthy of your time.

          http://www.geocities.com/olkhov/meteors.htm

     After the Leonids I may comment on the bulk of his website.

                                                         Dave English
                                                         Oceanside, California