[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) SpaceWeather.com "Wanted: Leonid Meteor Spotters"

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 14:14:19 -0600
Subject: Wanted: Leonid Meteor Spotters
To: SpaceWeather.com <spaceweather@lists.spaceweather.com>
From: SpaceWeather.com <spaceweather@lists.spaceweather.com>

Space Weather News for Nov. 15, 2000
http://www.spaceweather.com

The 2000 Leonid meteor shower is just around the corner. Forecasters
expect at least two outbursts of shooting stars as Earth passes through
debris from comet Tempel-Tuttle this Friday and Saturday. Spaceweather.com
will post current meteor counts and reports from around the world
beginning Thursday and continuing through the end of the shower. We invite
all our readers to participate and report what they see.  All you need are
clear skies!  Visit http://www.spaceweather.com for more information and
observing tips.

And don't forget NASA's live webcast of the Leonids from the stratosphere!
 Visit http://www.leonidslive.com for details.

------- End of Forwarded Message