[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) IMO reports ...

Hello Christophe,

> I'm not sure  ... Is it possible and usefull to send Leonid reports to
> the IMO list if not registred by IMO before ?
> Are this reports welcome or are they even not be read ?

of course, your short reports are welcome and will be used by IMO for
preliminary Leonid analyses. However, I would suggest to send your
short reports directly to Marc Gyssens (wgn@imodot net) and Rainer Arlt

It makes only little sense if each individual observers sends his
own raw data to several hundred list subscribers *unless* your statement
is of more general nature and interest (like: "Leonid have reached storm
level at xx UT with an estimated ZHR of xx" or "the predicted peak at xx
UT failed to materialize" or "rates are increasing to a level of xx at
xx UT").

Best regards,
Sirko Molau
IMO Webmaster

PS: IMO-News is a closed mailing list, i.e. only members of the list are
allowed to post. However, everybody can subscribe or unsubscribe IMO-News
at any time.

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *