From: Gary Kronk <kronk@amsmeteors.org>
To: <meteorobs@jovian.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 10:18 PM
Subject: (meteorobs) Leonids reports

I am planning to accumulate posted observations from meteorobs, as
well as observations sent directly to me, on a special page on my web
site. The address of this page is

http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/leonid2000.html

This could be a good opportunity to give meteorobs a bit of a break
from the potential onslaught of email and send observations directly
to me if you wish.

I will not be putting the reports on the page verbatim, but I will be
collecting the reports, doing a little analysis, and then posting
them chronologically by Universal Time amidst the times of the three
predicted maxima. My goal is to update the site as often as I can, so
that everyone can see how the observations are supporting or
disproving the predictions. As I stated on the web page, "If all goes
well, the readers will be able to see if the rates rise to the
predicted maxima or not and, when its all over, the winner in the
prediction race should be obvious. I will say this, unlike the United
States presidential race, there will be no recount at the end!"

Gary W. Kronk