[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Leonid weather prospects from Florida

----- Original Message -----
From: "FELIX A MARTINEZ" <suejam1@juno.com>
To: <meteorobs@jovian.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 16, 2000 11:26 PM
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) Re: Leonid weather prospects from Florida

> For Thursday/Friday 16/17 Nov 2000, SW Florida is definitely the place to
> be!  I really wish that I was there observing with Norm & Joan tonight (I
> guess I still have much of that "Sunshine State blood" still in me)!!

 Here in Central Virginia we will likely have to wait for the night of
> 17/18 November to see a goodly amount of Leonids (we hope).

Actually, based on the latest model data just in, Central Virginia may well be
the IDEAL place for 17/18th....a clear  "hole" extending from Maryland, over all
of Virginia all night, and Northern North Carolina...a better place to be than
Florida.  Virginia may well be the only clear spot on the Entire East Coast.

I live in central Delmarva, currently dangerously near the N edge of the
forecast clear hole..we shall see..I lucked out very much in 1998 for the
fireballs...