[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Leonids Scotland 02:20 overcast

>Early promising gaps in clouds have filled in completely. Prospects are poor
>for the maximum.

That's what i feared would happen,so i stayed home,but ventured out into
the garden at around 03.30UT despite about 70-80% thin cloud cover through
which I could just about make out the belt stars of Orion.

I spent around 45 minutes outside and saw 8 Leonids a couple of which i got
a good look at through the gaps in the clouds..a nice -3 with 1-2 sec train
and a 0 mag.The others were -1mags,a -2 and a 0 magdot it looks like this
morning was *the* main event...must have been a nice show for those with
clear skies !!

Leo
London UK

Follow-Ups: References: