[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Second Leonid night in Jupiter Florida

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 18:04:15 +0200
From: <janne@www.brossco.fi>
To: meteorobs@jovian.com
Subject: Second Leonid night in Jupiter Florida

Hi,

The second Leonid night at Jupiter Florida was as clear as the first one.
Observations in five minute periods (in UT):

7:05-7:10 8
7:10 8
7:15 2
7:20 5
7:25 9
7:30-7:35 4
7:35 2
7:40 3
7:45 7
7:50 4  (predicted max)
7:55 6
8:00-8:05 3
8:05 1
8:10 3
8:15 1
8:20 3
8:25 1
8:30-8:35 6
8:35 3
8:40 6
8:45 5
8:50 5
8:55 5
9:00-9:05 5
9:05 5
9:10 2

Comments:

. I counted total 112 Leonids in 130 minutes as the previous night I counted
total 53 in 90 minutes

. the brightnesses was the same as in the previous night between -2 and +4,
plus one -5 bolide

. I did not find any peak at all at 17/18 Nov, but maybe three of them 7:00 UT,
7:50 UT, and 8:50 UT  ??? (I should have started counting earlier)

. as a whole this was 1,5-2 times stronger than the night 16/17

Regards,
Janne Pyykko

------- End of Forwarded Message