[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Pennsylvannia Impact

>Yet another wonderful year with the Leonids...this is
>getting to be habit-forming!
>                         --Fred

I noted this comment with interest, Fred - the general impression I get
from those who saw last year's Leonids from the Notheast was that they
were "ho hum"! (I suspect this is partly due to unrealistic expectations,
and partly due to the lack of observers after about 4:30am that morning,
when rates really did pick back up again quite nicely.)

Was your impression of 1999 different from this - or were you maybe some
where outside of the Northeast then, say in Spain or the Middle East?

Just curious. BTW, thanks for your input on the 'meteorobs' list,
Lew Gramer