[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Amazing Spectacle in East Ga.

Kim, your "Leonid" log was a masterpiece of scientific reporting and literary
endeavor: I laughed (literally), I cried (almost)... it became a part of me.

Seriously, don't be too depressed - we still have a shot at clear skies for the
moonlit Geminid peak - and you probably have a better shot than me! Then after
that, don't forget that Year 2000, "The Year the Moon Stole all of our Meteor
Showers", is FINALLY OVER! We "lose" the Perseids to the Cosmic Night Light in
2001, but all the other major showers for us Northern Hemisphere types will be
great... And as for those LEOs, there *is* always next year. :)

All in all, we're coming into another exciting time for meteors right now!

Clear skies and cheery thoughts,
Lew Gramer