[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Leonids - colors?

I am not to sure about meteor color. I would imagine it would depend upon
temperature and composition. As far as the bacteria  and algae in
Yellowstone it is also a matter of temperature and composition. Algae at
normal water temps relies on chlorophyll for energy production, i.e. the
green to black color. Organisms that live in hot Springs rely on different
chemical pathways for energy synthesis and may be bright red, orange etc.
The stream leading form the pool has a temperature gradient that hosts
different organisms as the temperature cools, thus the changing color
further away it is from the hot spring. I am sure this kind of phenomena is
not present in meteors!!!
Jason Shanley
AstraZeneca
RmB209