[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Re: Ondrejov backscatter radar results - My enhancement confirmed?

Mike Linnolt wrote about enhanced sporadics during maximum:

>Can anyone else attest to any such enhancement in this or other
>meteor showers in the past?

Maybe. During the Quadrantids in 1989 I saw 37 Quads and 17 Spors in an hour
near the maxumum. This has always seemed peculiar to me. However, some of the
17 Spors may have been from subradiants for the Quadrantids, which I was not
looking for then. Could it be that you saw members of a subradiant nearby? Or
maybe our perception went up due to increased activity. I don't know.

GWG