[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Small-field ZHR calculation?

> From: "mikel" <mikel_b@aavbaedot net>
> I am interested how to calculate ZHR from small fields -i.e. 30x30:- video
> recordings. Which is the formulae that must be applied?

ZHR and magnitude measurements are used to determine the flux of
meteoroids entering the atmosphere.  Since you have a well-defined
field of view with a uniform response (after flat-field correction),
it is probably better to determine the meteor flux directly, rather
than trying to go via some intermediate ZHR equivalent, which might
not mean much.  This size of field is similar to photographic data.
I recall a paper in WGN many years ago which derived formulae for
the photographic flux (Rendtel et al.?)  Anyone got the WGN indices
to hand?

Malcolm Currie