[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonids - colors?

Visually I feel that it is safe to say that showers with high velocities
produce a majority of their colors in the blue end of the spectrum. High
velocity showers include the Lyrids, Eta Aquarids, Perseids, Orionids,
and Leonids.

Those showers with slower velocities produce a majority of their colors
in the red end of the spectrum. Slow velocity showers include the Alpha
Capricornids, Giacobinids (Draconids), Taurids, and Ursids.

For showers of medium velocity such as the Quadrantids, Delta Aquarids,
and Geminids, most of these shower members exhibiting color will be
yellow.

This is just my conclusions drawn from my personal observations. Others
may differ significantly.

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford