[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Calendar list of 120+ visual meteor showers

Wednesday, Nov. 29

Since I found calendars and lists of meteor showers online
and found that the lists differed, I've wanted to combine
them into one big list.  Well, I finally finished it.  It
combines visual (including possibly visual) meteor showers
(meteor streams) specifically included on an AMS list, Gary
Kronk's Meteor Observing Calendar, and the ALPO Meteor
Shower List.  (Note that the ALPO list cites the IMO working
list and the DMS list as well as Gary Kronk's calendar.)
In a real way, among other things it's a "one-Web-page"
chronological index to the showers in Gary Kronk's calendar.

Thanks very much to Robert Lunsford and Gary Kronk for their
permission to make use of their materials!  There may be
transcription and/or other errors, many of the solar
longitudes are missing, etc.; anything like that is due
either to my error or lack of knowledge.  Having given that
caveat, it's online for any who might wish to have a look or
even make use of it.  I would welcome any clarifications or
corrections.  Here's the URL:

 http://wwwvms.utexasdot edu/~ecannon/aka-date.htm

("AKA" stands for AMS, Kronk, ALPO.)

In a week or two, I plan to add another page with the same
showers, but sorted alphabetically rather than chronologically.
Suggestions on how best to alphabetize a meteor showers list
with all of the alphas, betas, gammas, etc., as well as norths
and souths, are welcome!

By the way, I've seen in Gary Kronk's material that there exist
listings of thousands of radiants.  I don't think that I'll try
to take those on!  What I wanted to do was combine the major
listings and calendars that I have found online.

Clear, dark nights with many meteors to all!

Ed Cannon - ecannon@mail.utexasdot edu - Austin, Texas, USA
http://wwwvms.utexasdot edu/~ecannon/meteorlinks.html
(back-up e-mail address: edcannonutaustin@netscapedot net )